Once a person has been screened and cleared for service, in order to maintain an “active status,” the person
no later than the last day of the month in which the person’s 12-month anniversary of their last training occurs
There is NO grace period!
Provided you have a current email address on file in the Safe Environment database, we will notify you on or about the first of the month in which your training will expire. (If you have no email address, we may call and leave you a voice message.) When you receive your email notice (or voice message) that your training is about to expire, please update as soon as possible. If you do not update immediately, generally, you will receive a reminder message on or about the 15
of the month and on or about the Monday of the last week of the month.
If you fail to update by the last day of the month, you become immediately ineligible to continue to serve
. (You will receive an email notifying you that you are no longer eligible to serve because you missed your deadline.)
Ministry leaders and school administration are notified you are no longer cleared to serve and that they may not use your volunteer services.
If you want to restore your clearance
the deadline, you may be required to attend a training session instead of completing an online option! Additionally, you may also be required to meet any other requirements of the screening process that are currently effective. This can mean further paperwork and may delay your return to eligibility.
It is a serious violation of Diocesan Safe Environment Program to continue to serve if you no longer meet all requirements. Doing so can jeopardize school and church programs and ministries and expose them to unnecessary risks.
Please contact Jenna Lepak, Safety Director at
if you have any questions.
Once a person has met all screening requirements AND attended a FAMILY OF FAITH training session, the person is cleared to serve; however, to remain cleared to serve, they must update their training annually as outlined above.
OPTION ONE: VIEW ONLINE VIDEO AND TAKE ONLINE QUIZ:
To update your training using the internet, follow these instructions:
- Go to: https://dallas.setanet.org/obligations.php
- You will input your first and last name and street address, then click search. If you know you have been screened and it does not find you, it is most likely because the address we have on file for you is a former address and/or you have changed your name, or there is a typo. Try again, using these alternatives. Once you are “in,” you will have the opportunity to make any changes (e.g. address, name, phone, email,etc.) and you will be able to “add locations,” (e.g. to include another parish, school, or entity with which you serve. If you cannot get access, email Jenna Lepak, Safety Director at J.Lepak@StPatrickDallas.org for assistance.)
- Then, click on “Update Information and Continue” at the bottom of the screen.
- You will find the following choices under "Classes available to take online":
Clicking on an online course will log you into the course immediately.
- Battling Substance Abuse for Every Person (Online Video)
- Bullying Prevention (Online Video)
- Familia De Fe (Online Video)
- Family of Faith (Online Video)
- Internet Danger (Online Video)
- Keeping the Promise Alive (Online Video)
- Manteniendo Viva la Promesa (Online Video)
- Programa para Prevenir la Intimidacion (Online Video)
- Slavery Out of the Shadows (Online Video)
- Smarter Adults - Safer Children (Online Video)
- The Little Voice (Online Video)
- The Unconscious Truth (Online Video)
**Online courses can take up to one week to report as completed. If you have completed an online course over one week ago and it does not show in the "Classes you have taken section" please contact your safety director. If you have just completed an online course, please check back in one week to verify that you have received credit.
OPTION TWO: READ A PACKET OF INFORMATION OR TAKE AN ONLINE COURSE:
Go to the Diocesan website and choose
update course. You have THREE packets of information to choose from and TWO additional courses available online from other sites:
. Note: You only have to do
of the courses. Each course
you to return a
to the church office to document your training.
- Seniors and Telemarketing Fraud
- Adult Abuse
- Domestic Violence Training
- I Keep Safe-Internet Safety Training
- What We Can Do About Child Abuse?